Monday, June 25, 2012

Genesis Day Five and a Garden Mystery Solved?

They finished the backyard today!  I have sod coming tomorrow so I am going to do my best to get time off and get it laid ASAP.  The control boxes are all covered back up in their little spot. 
The two that did most of the work with a view from the back gate. 
The strip along the sidewalk got a little bigger - if I have extra sod I may put it there... 
The backyard is nice and smooth - the girls are just begging to go mess it up and roll in the manure they have mixed into the top soil. 

They made a little gravel sink for the down spout.  Tom said it is about 2.5 ft deep and 2.5 ft around - scary if you ask me.  The ground is already yucky, it would take me ALL DAY just to pick that hole out with a huge pick axe. 
The first Patty Pan is coming on. 
The first Yellow Squashes are also coming on. 
The snow peas are going crazy - can you count how many there are? 
I found this baby cucumber laying out in the dirt by the sidewalk...can't figure out if it is from a tail or a crazy paw.  Any thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. Wow the back yard is so smooth and even. Very nice.

    Have fun laying sod and let us know if you need help. Just think of how nice it will be when it is all done.

    ReplyDelete