Saturday, March 6, 2010

First post

This week was the week from Hades! I started my 5K training Sunday and it started out ok. The first day is walking 20 minutes, then days two and three are walking 30 minutes. By the middle of day two I thought I was going to have to repeat my first week because I was feeling awful. Annie is my walking buddy and she really is doing well with the daily exercise. Day four was a step up in the training, I walk for 5 minutes then run/jog for 30 seconds. The training gradually takes you from walking to walking & running/jogging to just running/jogging. There are two days a week that are rest days and I am going to have to get up at the same time everyday - it just isn't easy to get up later if I sleep in.

So, Sunday started my daily 5K training and Monday was an ok day, it was a Monday. Tuesday was tough. Since this is the first week of the month, all of my groups have meetings. In the morning I had our Board of Realtors' Realtor of the Year Banquet Comittee meeting. We are kind of making some things harder than they need to be but seem to all be working well. After that I had our weekly Altrusa meeting at the Legion. It was good just to sit and chat since we really didn't have any business. Then, it was back to work for another 4 hours and off to more meetings! I volunteered (will someone stop me?!) to be on the 2011 quilt show committee and we had a meeting at 530 after work. We met in the Library since the Senior Center was locked. Then, after that meeting we had our monthly guild meeting. I got home at 845 and was wiped out! That was Tuesday. Wednesday Josh and I met with Randall from First Investors and got that stuff squared away. Thursday was a fist for me, I attended my first Linn County Kennel Club meeting. It was all fun a games, talking about the 2010 Dog Show that they put on Valentine's Day weekend. Then people got snarky and snapped at each other telling each other how things were going to be. I have a feeling there may be some interesting meetings. Oh well, made me appreciate my old ladies with my other groups! Friday was another adventure all together that I hope to not repeat for a long time, better yet, never. We drove to Anthony and Shara's house for his birthday. I dropped Josh off at their house and I went to Tom and Diane's to quilt my Turning Twenty quilt I am donating to our Altrusa fundraiser. After I finished that, I went ot the party and proceeded to watch everyone get drunker'n skunks! Let's just say if I ever have to clean up puke in my car again I will be a very mean person. It was good to see everyone, it seems that I am starting to warm up to them and am more comfortable with all of Josh's friends from college.
Today was long-I finally got Josh into bed, the dirty clothes in the washer and my car cleaned out by 5am so I crashed ont he couch for a few hours. Josh got up at 9, I was amazed, and went to the gun show in Albany. I putzed, doing the dishes, laundry and I put the binding on the quilt that I quilted at Diane's last night. Then Josh and I went to the Albany Altrusa's "La Dolce Vida" fundraiser for KidzShop and had a blast. We even won a live auction item: two tickets to the Oregon Symphony, $50 to McCormick and Schmidt's, and $100 to Shilo Inns. All that for $125! Should be fun, I am looking forward to going out with Josh to a fancy-dancy dinner and concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment