Saturday, May 12, 2012

I JUST... Made Dal

Dal is an Indian dish made with lentils - simple and easy.  The original recipe doesn't call for the onions and peppers, but I wanted to add a bit more to mine since the first time I made it it was pretty boring.  The ingredients are prettyy simple: lentils, ginger, garlic, onions, bell peppers, mustard seeds, cardamom, cloves, black pepper and salt.
I cooked the veggies a little to soften them up, then added everything else. 
Covered them with about an inch of water, put the top on the pot and simmered them for about 30 minutes. 
I like to serve mine over brown rice to make it a rounded meal and it really fills you up.  I also add a small chunk of butter after I heat it up - it adds a creaminess to it that just makes it that much better. 
The recipe is on the Recipe Tab at the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment